- Collect all the sets of the coupon inserts before you start clipping. Although you might have a straggler here or there that you might have to clip individually, it is always easier to clip them all at once.
- Collate the pages in each insert. For example, if you have 4 sets then put all 4 copies of the first page together, then 4 copies of the next page, and so on. Place the collated sets inside the outside cover. Kids are great to help with this step! (see picture below)
- Go through and identify the coupons you wish to cut. Choose the ones you know your family uses, and the ones you would be willing to use if the item was free or extremely cheap.
- When possible, clip all 4 copies of each coupon at once. This will save a lot of time. Use a paper cutter if you have one.
- DO NOT THROW AWAY THE REST OF THE COUPONS!!!!! Many times I have gone back to an insert to clip coupons I neglected to clip the first time. Get a folder and label it with that Sunday's date and keep the inserts in there.
|A particularly large set of inserts!|